Friday, January 23, 2009
Venus and Mars
Time and time again I am reminded boys and girls are different. So Wade (remember Wade is mortified when I write about him so hush, hush if your ever around him)comes home from school the other day and we sit down to discuss his schedule for next year. He took Pre-AP Math and has done really well in it (95 average for the semester)and his teacher has even commented on how hard he works so Pre-AP 7th grade Math is an easy choice. He didn't take Pre-AP English but he did get all A's this last semester. He really doesn't like to read so I am not pushing him to take Pre-AP next year. He is clear on his electives Art ad Computer technology again easy because his art teacher this year wants him to stay in it so she can put him in Advanced Art in 8th grade. I want him to take Pre-AP Social studies because he has a 95 average in it this year but he hates Social Studies so again his choice. I'm a little worried about him taking Pre-AP Science because he has had his only B in it all year long, but he wants to take this as a Pre-AP class and his teacher thinks he will be fine so that's taken care of for next year. I'm sure now all of you are starting to wonder what's the problem. It's his choice in Physical Education. He doesn't want to play football. That's okay with me. He doesn't want to do track or basketball and of course, he doesn't want to do gymnastics. All okay with me. He still plays rec soccer and he is still good and I know if this was offered it would be his choice. His choice tennis. You may ask 'Why is this a problem?' It isn't, I am fine with getting him tennis lessons because you have to try out for this sport and he has never played. I found a place for him to start practicing and he can get lessons then I find out the reason he wants to take tennis. GIRLS, come to find out he thinks the girls on the tennis team are cute... My husband thinks this is a suitable reason and I don't...There in lies the problem and the difference in Venus and Mars!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brayden's First Haircut
No More Baby Hair
No comments:
Post a Comment