Monday, December 22, 2008
Christmas Break with my Boys
So we started Christmas break today at the craft store everything is 1/2 off for Christmas. We decided we would spend some time together making gifts for family members instead of playing video games. We bought paint brushes, paint, Christmas greeting signs, ornaments and giant wooden letters in a W, J, B, and a R. We came home and of course, made a huge mess but we laughed and actually to my surprise complimented each other. We only got done with some of the crafts but I already can't wait till tomorrow to do some more and we are going to bake cookies and make a gingerbread tree tomorrow. These are the times I know I will miss more than anything one day. Which is why when I hear Trace Adkins song "You're gonna miss this" I cry and Wade rolls his eyes. One day he will understand. He is going to miss these times too. I try to keep as busy as possible this time of year because I miss my Mom the most at Christmas time. Everything I look at reminds me of her. She loved this time of year we used to have so much fun baking cookies and our favorite Shopping we always did together. The boys make it easier but I miss my best friend and my inspiration, my Mom. We will light a candle at church on Christmas as we always do and visit her grave Christmas Eve when we go to my Dad's and I will tell them stories about things she always did with them so that maybe they will remember her. The boys actually believe she is an angel and when the Peace Lily from her funeral blooms they believe she has visited. It's funny Wade decided this when he was five and it does seem to bloom when we have something important happen. Maybe he's right!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brayden's First Haircut
No More Baby Hair
No comments:
Post a Comment