Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Does Anyone Ever Feel Like A GOOD Mother?

So this morning I wake up feeling really good about being a Mom and that I must be doing a pretty good job. Then BLAM!!!, my kids remind me who is really in charge and it isn't me!!!! The day started out well, everyone got dressed and ready for school without much prodding, then they get in the car and I don't know how else to describe it but all heck broke loose. I have no idea how it started but it ended with me calling poison control. Justin and Ryan somehow got into a hand sanitizer fight. So of course, after calling poison control because Ryan says he might have gotten some in his mouth and finding out he will be fine I have to decide what I am going to do with the two of them. I don't have any time to really ponder this because I have hurry up and drop them off so I can get Wade to school on time. So I decide to drive in silence all the way to school and then tell them to get out and go to school without our usual good-byes and now I feel like the worst mom and I still have to decide how to punish them. So much for things going smoothly at the Arnold house and we were juggling so well!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

If that ever happens again, you can call me and I'll check on the boys and let you know how they are doing. You ARE a good mom. Your boys are so good at school!

DeAnna said...

Poison Control!?!? I'm assuming Ryan and Justin made it through the day safely without any long-term hand-sanitizer effects. =) How does one actually start a hand-sanitizer fight to begin with? AND who threw the first glob of it????? Hmmmmm.......

Brayden's First Haircut

Brayden's First Haircut
No More Baby Hair